271. This is the highest number I have seen on the scale. 271. Granted, it was fully clothed and just after a big meal - but just writing it makes me face reality. I will never see that number again! The striped down, just after waking up and going pee, without drinking any water weight as of this morning was 261.8. Last Monday, March 7th, I weighed 264.6, so I lost 2.8 lbs. last week! WaHoo! I'm on my way, baby!
This is just one of MANY times that I have attempted to become this woman. I have tried nearly every diet there is out there. Really. I've even had weight loss surgery. As I sit here I think of how unbelievable it is that I have allowed myself to get here. But rather than dwell on this sobering fact, I want to celebrate my decision to start again. I WILL overcome this obstacle! I WILL reach my goals! I WILL be successful! I know how to be successful - I just need to apply the principles of success that I have learned to this aspect of my life.
Another part of this blog will be that this will act as my food journal and exercise journal. I've always suspected that snacking and "tasting" has been a source of major hidden calories for me, so in an effort of full disclosure I am going to be brutally honest with what I've eaten, even though I'm sure there will be days when I'll be tempted to "fudge" quantity but my promise to myself and you, my reader, is that I will be honest about what crosses my lips. I also promise to document my exercise attempts, however minimal they may be.
I believe that to start something without a goal is to set yourself up for failure, so here are my goals:
My beginning stats:
My beginning measurements:
As embarrassing as it is to reveal all of this information, I am really hoping that there will be people who find this blog and will leave comments, good or bad, to encourage, advise and just generally help me along this journey.
It's my turn!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I wrote the previous portion of this post in the morning, so now I'm going to put my food log. (My husband and I went to Oakland for the evening on a date, so I splurged a little).
Food Log:
8 glasses of water
1 Breakfast Wrap :1 Low Carb WW wrap, 2 eggs, 2 tbs cheese, 1/2 tbs. butter, 1 slice ham, 2 large cherry tomatoes
1 Large salad: Baby spring mix, baby spinach, romaine lettuce, broccoli, cabbage, apple chunks, mushrooms, shredded carrot, red bell pepper, 1 slice shredded turkey, 1 T almond slices, 2 T Italian Dressingl
1 apple
1 organic nut bar
3 Texas Roadhouse rolls (I shouldn't have allowed myself to get this hungry!)
1/4th Baby Bloomin' Onion
Side salad with blue cheese dressing
3 bites of steak
3 ribs (with basted BBQ sauce)
Green Beans
Exercise:
10 minute walk
Celebrating today:
Although today wasn't the best start, I'm celebrating that I did as good as I did. Today was tremendously stressful due to some drama with my husband's ex-wife. So I'm celebrating that I handled it as well as I did, and that I didn't order dessert or get a baked potato, but veggies instead. I realize I'm not going to win this battle in one day. It will be a lot of small changes and constant effort that will make this happen for me. Next time I'll have only one roll, and will pack more snacks with me on long car rides, the one apple wasn't enough to keep me from getting hungry and going crazy when I did see the food.
No comments:
Post a Comment